Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fig Love



Today Mi Hemanita called. She wanted me to meet her at Target. You see, Mi Hermanita moved recently. And she is trying to decorate her new house. Something that my Mom would normally do for her, if she wasn't sick. Since Mom got sick, we are trying to be there for each other in ways that Mom used to be able to be there for us.

We met at Target and the first thing we did was have a snack. Because that is what we do, eat. If you are interested, we had salty pretzels with cheese and we each had one of those frozen fruit drinks. It was good! And we were ready to shop. I cannot believe it took us 3 hours to decide on kitchen utensils, curtains for the kitchen and stuff for her guest bathroom. We are not even close to being finished, but it was a good start.

From there, I wanted to look at the makeup. Recently, my love of makeup is taking over. Really I wanted to pick up 2 of the Studio eyeshadow brushes. The small ones, I think they are actually called the, "Small Smudge Brush." Which I found. And I also bought a smudger brush. For the 3 brushes, I think I spent $9.

But it was when I rounded the corner and saw a display of Cover Girl's Fruit Spritzers that I got excited! I have a few. They are just fun and summery. One of the products that I always have in my purse. I LOVE the different flavors and the fun colors. Let me be honest with you, I have abut 6 of them already. But it was the Fig Splash #510, that caught my eye.

Fig Splash is a nude color. Like the other Fruit Spritzers, it has a nice fruit flavor and scent. A hint of Fig. It is not overpowering. There is definitely a shimmery finish to the gloss. But this color is definitely a must have for me. My lips have a very nude color to them. Not those pinky lips like my other friends. So this color doesn't add color to my lips, it just adds a nice shimmery finish. This color makes me feel like a summer Goddess.

For ladies with a slightly tan skin tone, like Latinas, this is a must have. It adds just enough to let you know that you are wearing something. But not so much that all people see is your lips. It was a product under $4 for a 13 ml tube. I can definitely see myself buying this product over and over. It just adds a nice finish to the nude lip. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment