Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Thunks

Robert is still sleeping. He had a long night at work. I am trying to be quiet so he can rest. That lead me to reading blogs this morning. And this week's Thursday Thunks. ♥

1. Have you ever played Bullshit?

Yes

2. A dog licks you on your face. Are you disgusted or thinking it was sweet?

I think it is sweet. If it is my dog. Or someone close to me's dog.

3. Tell us about a fun/special memory you have of a grandparent.

When I was going to start school, this 5 year old didn't want to go. I had gotten used to being with my grandma while my parents worked. My grandma decided to spend the last day of my non-school days together. We cooked, played, and talked. My grandma had made me some cookies to take with me to my first day of school. My grandma and I went to the store and bought my school supplies and my pink backpack. And she wrote me a note. My grandma stick it in the front pocket of my backpack. I didn't see it.

The following Monday when I had to go to school. I had a complete meltdown. I didn't want to get on the bus, I wanted to go to grandma's house. My mom called my grandma to let me talk to her. She told me that I was a big girl now. And I had to go to school to get smart. She told me that I had a surprise in my backpack. But that I could only get it if I went on the bus.

I told my mom I was ready to go. My brothers and I walked to the bus stop with our mom. Once I was on the bus, I opened up my backpack. I found my note. Grandma even drew me a flower with crayons. She also put a chocolate candy bar and a small teddy bear in there. I was so excited. Grandma really made me feel special that day. I met my first school friend when I got to school. And that day during recess, we shared my candy bar. I knew grandma loved me.

4. Have you ever pet a rat?

No. Snakes, yes. My brothers always had reptiles.

5. If I walked into your kitchen, where are the cups?

In the cabinet nearest the refrigerator. They are on the bottom shelf.

6. Since you already let me in your home, I found the cup and had water, now where's the bathroom from the kitchen?

Down the hall, first door on the left.

7. Have you ever pet a turtle or tortoise?

Yes, my brothers had 5 when we were growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment