Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Plant is Sad


This plant, is an anthurium. I learned that after googling every imaginable word combination I could think of to describe our plant. Until I found this picture. It only took 2 hours.

Robert is always getting things from his patients, and their families. About 2 weeks ago we got this plant. It was beautiful. The leaves were large and waxy. Which is healthy for this plant. Then Robert had his crazy week at work. And I just went about my business.

I watered all the plants inside and out like we always do. Outside, we water 3 times a week. Our house plants get one really good watering at the beginning of the week. That is it!

But this plant has looked bad for about a week. I took it out of the dark room it was in. And I put it in a room with much more sunlight. I watered it with about 2 cups of water. Because the soil was really dry. Robert looked at it too. We did not know what to do.

There was no little tag in this plant. The kind with care instructions. The people had sent it via a florist. No instructions on how to care for it. Turns out, we have been slowly killing our tropical plant. It needs little water, and we need to let it dry out between waterings. And it needs sunlight, but not direct sunlight.

Our poor plant, it is suffering dearly. The leaves are turning yellow. So I set to google. I found some care instructions. And soon, I pray it will begin to look better. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment