Friday, August 28, 2009

Seeing Green Smoke




I went to Wally World today to pick up some groceries for my parents. We all try and help out in any way that we can. So I went shopping today. I had talked to dad about all the snacks he had wanted. And I made my way to Wally World. It was packed when I got there! While there, I decided to do some shopping for Robert and I too. That is how I ended up in the beauty aisles.

I found this makeup brand CQ. I had never heard of it before. And I am going to assume that it is only sold at Wal-Mart. Don't quote me on that. Because I am not positive. I am just giving my experience. I have never seen it at the Wal-Mart that I regularly shop at, but they also don't sell those makeup brushes that Lola finds either. CQ sells a wide variety of products ranging from eyeshadow to lipstick to nail polish. There was a lot to choose from. But I wanted to try something new. Something that I wouldn't normally buy.

That is when I saw Green Smoke #308. There is a light lime green, a medium purple, and a dark green. The dark green reminds me of a hunter green. All 3 shadows have a little shimmer. But it is not too much. Very wearable, together, or with other eyeshadows that you already own. The shadows all have a very good texture, and with a base, show good color. The texture really surprised me for the price. They are not chaulky like most drugstore brand eyeshadows. Instead, they are a creamy texture. As creamy as you can get with a powder.

I can't remember right off hand if I paid $4 or $5 for the trio. But it was definitely under $5. These eyeshadows surprised me very much! The colors blend easily. They show a nice color. And they are something fun that I can add to my makeup collection. I can't wait to really start experimenting with them. I will definitely keep my eyes open the next time I go to Wal-Mart. I want to try a couple of more CQ products. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment