Saturday, August 22, 2009

They Rescued Me!

This morning, as promised, my brothers came to rescue me. They are hilarious, but I am glad they came. At 7AM they were singing outside our front door. They don't knock like normal people. Robert was on call, and had to go into work early this morning. That left me with the mess that I had started on Tuesday. My brothers came over ready to paint. But I don't think they were ready for what they saw.

Like Robert, my brothers were in shock at my mess. I don't know how it happened. It just did. Tuesday when Robert went to work, I had begun my adventure. I carefully taped the base boards, trim, and cabinets. I mixed the paint like the man had told me to. And I began to paint. This is the first time I have ever tried. I quickly discovered that I was not very good at all. I had paint everywhere! Including my hair. The painters tape quickly peeled off. To say it was a disaster, is just an understatement!

But my brothers came to save the day. Robert had already sanded down part of my disaster. He cleaned up the base boards. Everything was ready to go. My brothers came in and within 3 hours, they had everything painted with 2 coats. It looks beautiful!

For all of their hard work, I treated my brothers to dinner tonight. We went to Quarter's and had a HUGE dinner. They were very happy. And I am very happy with my pretty kitchen. I can't wait until Robert gets home so he can see it too! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment