Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Good Lunch Date

Today Stephanie and I met for lunch. Robert went golfing with Enzo and Mike. They all needed that! The hospital has been a little crazy lately. I figured I would catch up with Stephanie. She has been so busy with her new job, that we haven't really seen each other all summer. I still can't believe how big Kristina is. At the last minute, Kristina's sitter called and canceled. So Steph brought her to lunch. She is already 16 months old! Wow, it just seems like yesterday that she was born.

Steph seems really happy. She is dating a nice guy. He seems to be very loving to both Steph and Kristina. I am glad. They both deserve a good guy. And her new job sounds like the answer to her prayers. There is even a daycare on site. Steph likes that because she gets to eat lunch with Kristina. And they are moving. The new house is a 3 bedroom. Much better than the 1 bedroom that they now live in.

It was just a fun afternoon. We went the Macaroni Grill. Kristina had a blast coloring the tablecloth. I have to admit that I did too! The food was so good! I am still stuffed. And after our 2 hour lunch and dessert, I had strawberry cheesecake. We went to Toys-R-Us. I just had to buy Kristina something. We all decided on a small Cabbage Patch Kid. It is really too cute! And just the right size for Kristina to carry around.

I am glad we could meet today. It was nice for the soul. And although the beginning of our friendship was less than desirable, I am glad that we are friends. The one thing, that once tied us together so long ago, is no longer a factor for either one of us. We are just left with an amazing friendship and precious Kristina. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment